Sometimes you need to format your mails depending on the recipient you’re sending your mail to. it is not that easy to switch back and forth between formatting styles. So you can choose the plain text as the most accepted denominator. As you know that Yahoo! mail uses Rich Text Format, which is also known as HTML, to write emails. There might be cases when you want to send your emails as a plain text only. In fact, in the case of professional mails, always write your message as plain text. Yahoo! enables you to write emails in plain text format which doesn’t contain any formatting information.
Follow these steps to write your message as plain text.
- Log in to your Yahoo! account. Open a new mail.
- It will by default use the formatting of the original email or rich text in case of a new email.
- Click on the ‘Plain Text’ option displayed on the right corner of the subject line.
- The warning will be displayed ‘This will change your message into plain text. All formatting will be lost. Continue?”
- Click on ‘OK’.
Have you accidentally added someone you don’t want to receive mails from? You want to Block a Contact from sending unwanted persistent mails and messages? Marking the emails as the spams aren’t enough to stop them from seeing you. You can block up to 500 contacts in Yahoo! mail. By blocking someone, you’re disabling them from sending you emails as well as messages on messenger. If you’re receiving unwanted emails from someone and you want them to never appear in your inbox, then there’s no better option than blocking them from the mail.
Here is a complete guide to Block a Contact on Yahoo! Mail.
- Sign in to your Yahoo! account.
- On the top of the page, you will see a button saying, ‘Option’. Click on it and select the ‘Mailing Options’ from the menu.
- Select the ‘Blocked Addresses’ from the left panel.
- Type the address in the ‘Add an address’ textbox.
- Click on ‘Block’
- Then click on ‘Save’ from the bottom left.
- You won’t receive any text or mails from the address you’ve blocked. To unblock the person, select the address from the ‘Blocked addresses’ list. Click on ‘Remove’ to remove the address from the block list.
We will guide you How to deactivate or delete your yahoo account in this post. Creating or deleting your account is absolutely in your hands. but before deleting your account just remember that deleting your account will permanently delete all of your mails, contacts, messages and attachments as well. so before deleting your account, create a backup for your important data with you. It is reasonable to delete your unnecessary or unused accounts as checking mails in different accounts can be problematic. So here is quick-guide to help you deactivate or delete your yahoo account.
1. Open yahoo mail on your browser and sign in to your account.
2. Hover your mouse cursor over your name and click on ‘Account info’.
3. Click on ‘Help’ given on top right corner of the page. You’ll be directed to Yahoo Account help page.
4. Click on ‘Create or delete account’ in the list given on the left.
5. Click on ‘Close your yahoo account’.
6. Click on ‘Terminating your yahoo account’ given against the point number 1
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Type your password in the text box given below.
8. Type the code shown in the image given below the textbox.
9. Click on ‘Terminate this account’ given below ‘Yes’.
10. Your yahoo account will be terminated.